Los Angeles, California/USA (1 May 2015) – The World Surf League (WSL) and TAG Heuer announced the Swiss watchmaker’s sponsorship as “Official Timekeeper” of the WSL Big Wave Tour (BWT), lending the company’s reputation for “Avant-Garde” to a sport that champions fearlessness, athleticism and places a premium on quality and preparedness.
– Quiksilver Ceremonial: Punta de Lobos, Chile (April 15, 2015 – August 31, 2015)
– Billabong Pico Alto: Pico Alto, Peru (May 15, 2015 – September 15, 2015)
– Puerto Escondido Challenge: Puerto Escondido, Mexico (May 15, 2015 – September 15, 2015)
– Oregon Challenge: Lincoln City, Oregon (October 15, 2015 – February 28, 2016)
– Punta Galea Challenge: Punta Galea, Basque Country Spain (October 15, 2015 – February 28, 2016)
– Pea’hi Challenge: Haiku, Hawaii (October 15, 2015 – February 28, 2016)
– Todos Santos Challenge: Todos Santo, Mexico (November 15, 2015 – March 31, 2016)
The World Surf League (WSL), formerly Association of Surfing Professionals (ASP), has been championing the world’s best surfing since 1976, running global products across the Samsung Galaxy men’s and women’s Championship Tours, Big Wave Tour, Qualifying Series, Junior and Longboard Championships as well as the Big Wave Awards. The League possesses a deep appreciation for the sport’s rich heritage while promoting progression, innovation and performance at the highest levels. Showcasing the world’s best surfing on the singular platform of WorldSurflLeague.com has energized an already-passionate global fan base with millions around the world tuning in to see the likes of Kelly Slater, Gabriel Medina, Stephanie Gilmore, John John Florence, Carissa Moore and others do battle in the most dynamic field of play in all of sports.