Van Cleef & Arpels creates its school of Jewellery, open to all those who love beauty, be it the connoisseurs or professionals.
Unveiling… Shedding light on… Revealing… Sharing… Conveying…the spirit of artistic craftsmanship that inspires Van Cleef & Arpels’ unique expertise.
Ever since its beginnings in 1906, Van Cleef & Arpels has embodied the brilliance of jewellery savoir-faire. Inspired by constant inventiveness, the Maison’s excellence has given birth to timeless creations and exceptional techniques: Mystery Setting™, Zip necklaces, Poetic Complications® watches, the outstanding Pierres de Caractère precious stone collection…all have revolutionized the world of Jewellery.
In a few months, in February 2012, Van Cleef & Arpels will take an important step in its history.
The Maison Van Cleef & Arpels has decided to create a school in order to cast a light on the very secretive world of Jewellery and to share its most precious asset: its savoir-faire. Give insight, help understand, in a nutshell, reveal the essence of this exceptional craft.
A school that is generous and open
For Van Cleef & Arpels, an ardent defender of the artistic crafts, passing on, sharing and teaching knowledge is a duty.
This is why the Maison has decided to create a school of Jewellery, open to all. It offers a unique method of discovering and learning for those who are passionate about jewellery, lovers of beauty or simply curious and anyone who wishes to acquire « inside » knowledge of this fascinating world.
The school is open to an international public.
A different teaching approach
The school offers a non-technical curriculum, the discovery of an art, the development of a discerning eye, the knowledge of materials. Its ambition is to encourage the intellectual and emotional grasp of the “soul” of Jewellery and convey skill through personal experience.
L’ÉCOLE Van Cleef & Arpels opens a path of discovery to Jewellery that is structured around 3 steps: “Unveiling”, “Shedding light on” and “Revealing”. The steps, each composed of several “chapters”, follow a progressive learning process.
L’ÉCOLE Van Cleef & Arpels is located on the Place Vendôme in an 18th century town house that embodies French Artistic Style. It offers:
An experimentation salon for handling, trying on…
Training salons for listening, watching, learning…
A boudoir-library for discussing, going in-depth…
L’ÉCOLE Van Cleef & Arpels : A prestigious Honorary Committee
– Franco Cologni: Writer and Historian, President of the Fondation de la Haute Horlogerie, Founder of the Fondazione Cologni dei Mestieri d’Arte in Milan.
– Hélène David-Weill: President of the Arts Décoratifs in Paris.
– Eileen Guggenheim: Art Historian, Professor at Princeton University, Chairman of the New York Academy of Art.
– Henry Loyrette: President-Director of Musée du Louvre, President of the Scientific Council of the Agence France-Muséums.
– Alain-Dominique Perrin: President of Fondation Cartier for the Art, President of Musée du Jeu de Paume à Paris, President of European Fondation for Management Development, President of EDC.
– Michel Serres: Philosopher, Science Historian, member of the Académie Française, Professor at Stanford University.
– Suzanne Tennenbaum: Eminent Collector, author of Jeweled Garden
– Nicolas Bos: Creative Director, Vice-President of Van Cleef & Arpels.
– Marie Vallanet-Delhom: President of L’ÉCOLE Van Cleef & Arpels.
Under the presidency of Stanislas de Quercize, CEO of Van Cleef & Arpels, L’ÉCOLE Van Cleef & Arpels brings together key figures of the world of Arts and Culture.
Enrolment will open from the 15th of November 2011 for the 2012 sessions. The first courses, in English or in French, will start in February.
Participants can register through:
Web Site : www.lecolevancleefarpels.com
Phone : + 33 1 70 70 34 00
L’ÉCOLE Van Cleef & Arpels
Bureau des inscriptions
37, rue de Surène
75008 Paris France
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
The Jewellery course unfolds in 3 steps UNVEILING – SHEDDING LIGHT ON – REVEALING – Each corresponding to a progressive learning level. One step is comprised of several 4 hour chapters.
The course of study is flexible for the first 2 Levels. It is possible to sign up for one or several chapters according to one’s interests, tastes or knowledge.
However, fundamental concepts about the world of jewellery, (in the fields of art history, gemmology or art craftsmanship), are required in order to follow the Level 3 «Revealing» chapters. It is thus compulsory for participants, in order to enroll, to have attended any 2 chapters of the «Unveiling» and «Shedding Light On» levels.
Classes are in English or French
Beginning of the Jewellery course: February 2012